All patients deserve access to the best possible health care, regardless of where they live. In many rural and underserved parts of the country, transportation to the nearest medical providers is challenging, and local broadband connections will not support virtual care.
The California Telehealth Network (CTN) is a leading nonprofit provider of telecommunications infrastructure and telehealth services in California that promotes advanced information technologies and services to improve access to high-quality healthcare.
CTN assists clinics and hospitals in rural and medically underserved communities. We help them obtain affordable, secure broadband connectivity, telemedicine equipment, software and technical support to enable the delivery of virtual care and telehealth services.
These capabilities make additional medical services such as telemedicine or eConsult-based specialty care available to communities where they previously may not have been feasible.
In 2017, CTN and its partner association—the California Telehealth Resource Center (CTRC)—became a part of the OCHIN family of companies.
California Telehealth Resource Center
The California Telehealth Resource Center (CTRC) is a leading source of expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the development and operation of telemedicine and telehealth programs.
One of 14 federally designated Telehealth Resource Centers around the country, CTRC offers extensive hands-on experience in telemedicine program development. We understand the larger healthcare delivery system and work with policy makers, corporate and industry leaders, and community organizations to develop an environment that will support the optimal use of telemedicine and telehealth.
Services and resources include:
· Telehealth project planning including development and reporting
· Site assessments to determine readiness from a clinical, administrative and technical standpoint
· Sample forms and guidelines, including clinic workflow, consent, job descriptions, credentialing and referrals
· Educational telehealth webinars
· Step-by-step guide to developing a marketing plan
· Reimbursement and policy guidelines within California
· The CTRC Telehealth Program Developer Kit – a comprehensive guide for developing your telehealth program based on best practices
· Comprehensive list of California telehealth specialty providers
· Telehealth implementation workshops
· Much, much more!